Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sleep

Since I stopped steroids, I haven't been able to sleep for more than 2 hours at a time.

Recently, I haven't been able to sleep AT ALL for days at a time...it's very stressful.

I am mentally and physically exhausted all the time.  I will have a conversation with someone, and completely forget what it was about.  I will sit on the sofa, and completely zone out for an hour...like a zombie.  It's even so tiring writing this post!!

I want to fall asleep so badly, but when I get into my bed, I am just so uncomfortable, itchy, dry yet wet at the same time...and I can't fall asleep.  If I don't get up to do something, I will just end up scratching myself to death...and so I get up to do something and end up not sleeping.

I don't want to resort to sleeping pills...but are there any food/herbs that ignite sleepiness??

Anyway, I know I shouldn't stress out so much about sleeping...so if you're having the same problem...let it go as well.  I mean don't get me wrong, sleep is probably most important in healing...in fact I can physically see that my skin mends after a good sleep!  But what I mean is, be prepared that your sleeping routine will change.  I keep reminding myself that it's okay I'm not getting the usual 8 hours of sleep (or however much I used to get...).  For one, on top of the skin being irritated and uncomfortable, I am practically immobile and get no exercise.  I also get some of my sleep/mind rest during one type of my meditation. 

Positive thought of the day: I am glad that I don't really have any priorities in life right now, other than healing my health.  Though I can't sleep, I don't have anything to do right now that requires me to be fully rested.  I respect all of you who have family you need to take care of, children, work, school etc. all while you go through topical steroid withdrawal.  That is just crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment