Monday, December 17, 2012

Sunlight

I am really sensitive to sunlight at the moment.  Especially my face and neck.

I can feel it hit my face and it makes me hot, prickly, and itchy.

Sometimes I even feel this way about the light indoors...I don't know if it is psychological or if it actually irritates my skin.  I turn off the lights everywhere I am in the house...I am like a vampire!!


This is my arm today, a little scratched.  It is more red in real life because I used 'flash' to get a good picture.  Got a lot better...skin is smoother and not broken (except places I scratched) anymore!!  My body basically looks the same as this...some parts worse, some better...they are covered in bumpy red dots!  Sometimes the bumps go down, sometimes they rise up.  They are usually down unless I scratch it, or if my bath is too hot (never take hot baths!!).  After this stage it usually goes dry and flaky...so I'm excited about that!  I don't mind when my skin is dry and flaky...it's better than juicy and bumpy!

The worst feeling I am having right now is that I feel prickly all over!!  I read somewhere that it is a sign the capillaries are mending...hurray!  I'm not sure if this theory is correct though.  Actually, When the room temperature changes around, for example, if I enter another room that is a different temperature, the air hits my skin and everything gets so prickly and uncomfortable.  So maybe it is an external prickliness (skin) instead of internal (capillaries)?  Not sure!!  But it is a different stage...which means I am closer to healing :)  Still very annoying though...you can read my post on what I wear right now, which helps a lot with the prickliness since I don't like wearing clothes right now.

Positive thought of the day:  Me being healthy has caused my family, friends...all my loved ones...to care about their health too!!!  That makes me happy.

1 comment:

  1. Prickly as in cactus needles prickly? It's not the capillaries it's the stupid nerves waking up from being paralyzed for so long. Are you on the FB forum? If so, I made a post recently. Take a look at it sometime.

    ReplyDelete